Info for Parents
The Center for Career Education (CCE) is available to students from their first day of classes at Columbia, providing individual career counseling, skill development workshops, employer events, and jobs and internships. We encourage students to engage with CCE in their first year to learn about our services and programs and to work with us on a regular basis to develop personalized career plans. We also support students after graduataion as we serve alumni for life.
CCE Services and Resources include:
- LionSHARE - CCE's database of part-time, full-time, and internship positions. Annually over 20,000 positions are posted in LionSHARE.
- Career Counseling, skill building, and practice interviewing opportunities
- CCE-run internship programs. Check out student experiences in CCE-run programs. We also invite you to learn more about finding internships through this video
- CCE support for internship funding
- Career Fairs, industry showcases, employer information sessions and site visits - opportunities to learn from and connect with employers
- Alumni-Student connections through events, mentorships, and Columbia Career Connections on LinkedIN
- This Week at CCE newsletters - emailed every Monday to students with highlights of upcoming career events and deadlines
- Graduating Student Outcomes - CCE surveys the graduating class of the schools it serves every year
For a sample of how students interact with CCE in each academic year, review our undergraduate timeline. You can also learn more about how CCE works with students by watching this video!
- Parents Recruiting Columbia Students - CCE encourages you to consider hiring Columbia students and alumni for your organization. Reach out directly to us or connect us with the Human Resources Team at your organization. The Employer and Alumni Relations team can help you advertise your opportunities and recruit the best candidates for your positions.
- Parents Services at Columbia University - For more information about programming for CC and SEAS parents, see Family Engagement.