Researching and Exploring Industries
Use these pages to learn about career paths, identify resources and understand hiring practices in a variety of fields. Whether you are currently searching for an internship or job in your chosen field or are still exploring careers, these pages will get you started.
In addition to exploring these pages, we recommend that you:
- Learn about the elements of a successful job search using CCE’s resources.
- Take some time to assess your interests, skills, personality and values (page 9 of our Career Planning Guide).
- Learn about the relationship between your major and career at Columbia.
- Use career exploration resources like O*NET and Inside Jobs to identify fields that may be of interest to you. Other useful tools can be found here and here.
- Understand recruiting processes and timelines of your fields of interest.
- Use resources geared towards Masters and PhD students, if relevant.