What is LionSHARE?
- LionSHARE is an online database available exclusively to students and alumni served by the Center for Career Education (CCE).
- LionSHARE includes job and internship postings, opportunities to interview with employers on-campus, information on career fairs and other on-campus employer events, and a directory containing company overviews.
- This is one of the many services and resources available to students and alumni.
- All incoming students eligible for access to LionSHARE will be granted access the first day of classes the semester in which they enroll. Please refer to the Columbia University academic calendar here.
- Visiting students are not served by CCE with one exception. Please see Visiting Students page for details.
- Students and alumni should direct all inquiries to their Columbia school career office. A list of affiliate Columbia career centers can be found here.
- Access LionSHARE via the CCE homepage LionSHARE Login logo or directly at www.careereducation.columbia.edu/LionSHARE.
- All students and alumni are responsible for keeping their profile information current and accurate. The system does not automatically update information. Please contact email@example.com if your degree or attending/ed school needs to be updated. Be advised that LionSHARE can only reflect your current or most recent academic level and degree earned from a Columbia school served by CCE. It will not reflect previous degrees earned at Columbia, nor degrees earned from other schools. However, employers will see your complete academic record and experience in the resume you submit as part of your application.
- Postings indicate the exact eligibility criteria employers are seeking for a job/internship opportunity. If you do not qualify for a position, the reason will be indicated (e.g. academic level, degree level). If you do not qualify through LionSHARE, you may try applying directly on the company website.
- The system allows for up to 99 different resumes and cover letters to be uploaded in the My Documents section. It is recommended that all documents be tailored for each application. Be sure to appropriately label each document and upload all documents including unofficial transcripts in a PDF or Word format only.
- Job Agent: This feature allows you to select advanced search criteria for positions that match your specific job/internship interests and receive regular emails when new postings that match your selected criteria are posted.
- Ability to participate in the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program. Please refer to the OCI page here for more information.
- On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) events such as career fairs, industry showcases, information sessions, etc, can be viewed in LionSHARE but it is recommended that students and alumni refer to the CCE Events Calendar for the most updated, comprehensive list of events and accompanying details.
- All students and alumni are expected to uphold all Policies and Procedures that can be viewed here.
Note: Your LionSHARE password should be the same as your Columbia email password. If you have issues logging in, contact Columbia University Information Technology (CUIT), which manages UNI and password issues. Call CUIT at (212) 854-1919 or visit their website here. If you are an alumnus/a and do not know your UNI, visit the Alumni Affairs website here.
LionSHARE and On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) Highlights
- Over 3,000 active postings found daily including location, national and international opportunities from more than 50 industry areas.
- More than 24,000 job and internship postings.*
- Over 180 employers held more than 5,000 on-campus interviews at CCE.*
- Over 145 information sessions.*
- 8 industry showcases with over 40 employers and 5 career fairs with over 400 employers were held in the last year and in the 2016-2017 academic year, there will be 9 industry showcases and 5 career fairs.
*Data reflects 2014-2015 academic year. For additional data from CCE, view the Data and Reports section of the CCE website here.
Columbia University and the Center for Career Education do not make any representations or warranties about the parties that utilize this site or the accuracy of the information provided by the parties. Columbia University and the Center for Career Education shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of any kind arising out of or related to your use of the site and/or the information contained therein. While there is nominal screening of postings, it is the responsibility of each user to do his or her due diligence before interviewing with or accepting an offer from any company posting a job or internship listing on this site.
Additional information and resources regarding fraudulent postings and job scams can be viewed here.
These postings are for the use of current Columbia University students/alumni only and should not be shared with other job seekers. To do so is a detriment to the Columbia community, is highly inadvisable, and may result in the removal of privileges from the system.
- Specific and general questions pertaining to LionSHARE and On-Campus Recruiting should be directed to CCE's Employer and Alumni Relations office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 854-9167. Provide specific information such as job ID number when possible.
- LionSHARE and On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) Frequently Asked Questions
- Industry Exploration: http://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/resources/industry
- How CCE works with employers: https://www.careereducation.columbia.edu/CCEandEmployers
- Career Fairs and Special Events: http://specialevents.cce.columbia.edu/