WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
Meet employers interested in hiring diverse candidates and learn about career opportunities. Whether you’re just starting to explore careers or looking for your next opportunity, this event can connect you with employers who are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Join us for networking and recruiting with companies across a variety of industries.
Please note, this event is open to undergraduate students from the following Columbia University schools:
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering (undergraduates)
- School of General Studies
*Student registration is mandatory.
Registration opens on October 4 at 6:00 a.m. and closes on October 28 at 5:59 p.m. ET.
Appropriate to your industry interests (here are some tips!)
Sign up for sessions with employers
Starting October 4, you will be able to schedule appointments to video chat with employer representatives in one-on-one or group sessions. Registration will be open throughout the duration of the event. Sign up for sessions in LionSHARE.
How to navigate a virtual career fair hosted on LionSHARE, powered by Handshake
WATCH OUR MAKING THE MOST OF A VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR WORKSHOP
This training walks you through how to schedule and chat with employers via the LionSHARE powered by Handshake career fair platform.
Also, check out this blog post to learn more about how to navigate signing up and participating in the virtual career fair.
EXPECT VIDEO CHATS
Chats will be primarily video. One-on-one sessions are 10 minutes. Group sessions are up to 30 minutes.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox so that your video chat will function properly. Make sure your browser is updated.
UPDATE YOUR RESUME AND CONSIDER MAKING IT PUBLIC
- Update your resume and add it to your LionSHARE profile.
- We encourage you to set your LionSHARE profile to public for employers to view your documents.
- This way, the employer representatives will be able to see your resume while you’re chatting. They will also be able to download it after the event!
OUR TIPS ON HOW TO PREPARE (THE 3 R’S)
- Research: Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event.
- Resume: Update your resume and add it to your LionSHARE profile. Then set your profile to be visible to employers. This way, representatives can see your resume while you’re chatting. Even better — employers can then download it after the fair!
- Review: Take some time to read our how to prepare for a diversity recruiting event resource for more information on how to prepare for this specific event.