We’re Moving! … to Virtual Career Fairs on LionSHARE, powered by Handshake.
This fall, we’re using a new virtual career fair platform that you should already be familiar with — LionSHARE!
Virtual career fairs in LionSHARE will allow you to connect with employer representatives from around the country for one-on-one or group video chat sessions.
Here’s what you need to know
Virtual career fairs on LionSHARE allow you to schedule your session with an employer. That’s right — no more waiting in line!
You can schedule one-on-ones (10-minute sessions) and/or register for group sessions (30-minute sessions).
- Now that the employer chats are scheduled, register and select your session times as soon as possible.
- Most fairs will open sessions for registration about three weeks before the fair.
- Check back regularly for open spots. Your peers will be rescheduling and employers could add more sessions!
TAKE A LOOK AT THE PLATFORM IN ACTION
The video below will help you visualize what the virtual career fair experience will look like.
This guide will show you what to do before, during, and after the virtual fair.
Here is a detailed guide that outlines:
- identifying upcoming virtual fairs
- signing up for sessions
- preparing for the fair
- participating in the fair
- following up with recruiters after the fair
- and FAQs
PRO TIP: TEST YOUR VIDEO BEFORE THE FAIR
- Conversations will default to video — be camera-ready! That said, if your bandwidth and/or environment does not allow, you can also audio or text chat with employers.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox so that your video chat will function properly. Make sure your browser is updated.
PRO TIP: UPDATE YOUR RESUME AND CONSIDER MAKING IT PUBLIC
- Update your resume and add it to your LionSHARE profile.
- We encourage you to set your LionSHARE profile to public for employers to view your documents.
- This way, the employer representatives will be able to see your resume while you’re chatting. They will also be able to download it after the event!
ADDITIONAL PRO TIPS ON VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS HOSTED IN LIONSHARE
- After the virtual career fair, you can message employer representatives you met through the Handshake platform. No more worrying about business cards and gathering emails!
- CCE career counselors will be available to answer questions during the fair. You can access us via the Help Desk.
- Group sessions may require interaction among other members, you may have to enable your community filter so that you are visible to employers, students, and alumni for optimal engagement.
- (Note: You can always modify your privacy settings back after the event.)
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU PREPARE
- Attend our upcoming Design Your Next Steps, Making the Most of a Virtual Career Fair Workshop on Tuesday, September 14 at 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- View this resource for a comprehensive list of what to do before, during and after a fair.
- Once you schedule your employer sessions, start researching! Research helps you prepare thoughtful, engaging questions that will make you stand out to employers.
Additional Virtual Career Fairs this Fall
See our events calendar for other upcoming virtual fairs offered this fall.