***STUDENT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED*** REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
* AirAsia has Cancelled
The Engineering Career Fair will include companies from many engineering disciplines including civil, mechanical, biomedical, chemical, consumer packaged goods, and more. We welcome students who are interested in internships as well as full-time opportunities.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRANCE TIMES FOR THE FAIR
Please note: Due to a high volume of interested students, there will be two entry groups with different start times. Please verify your respective group and register for that session in LionSHARE after registration opens in August. Registration is required for entry. Register by noon, September 19th.
Due to the popularity of this event, it is likely that there will be a line to enter.
Your group affiliation will be verified before entry.
*Alumni of our 5 schools and Barnard students do not need to register; eligibility will be verified at check-in.
Eligibility for Group 1 -
Starting at 10:00 a.m., the following students may begin to enter the fair.
- Undergraduate students in Columbia Engineering, Columbia College, General Studies.
- Columbia Engineering Master’s students graduating in October 2019 or December 2019.
- PhD students (GSAS PhDs — please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
Students in the cohorts listed above will be permitted to register for Group 1 in LionSHARE. If you are a student in Group 1 but need to attend the career fair later in the day, you may wait on line to access the fair in Group 2.
Group 1 will begin to enter the fair starting at 10:00 a.m. Your group will be verified before entry.
Eligibility for Group 2 -
Starting at 1:00 p.m., the following students may join the line to access the fair.
- Columbia Engineering Master’s students graduating in October 2020, December 2020, or May 2021.
- Master’s students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences or School of the Arts
Students in the cohorts listed above will be permitted to register for Group 2 in LionSHARE. If you are a student in the Group 2 cohort, you will be permitted to enter the event only after 1:00 p.m. You must register to attend. Your group will be verified before entry.
GUIDELINES FOR THE FAIR
- Know if you are group 1 or 2 and register to attend.
- If you have questions about your group assignment, contact email@example.com.
- Please do not bring your backpack. For security and space, we ask that students do not bring backpacks.
- Please bring your Columbia ID card. Your group affiliation will be verified before entry.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Stand out to employers by asking thoughtful questions about projects or innovations, happenings or trends in their industry, company culture, etc.
- We discourage asking questions that can be answered by looking at their websites such as job application requirements and deadlines.
- Career Fair FAQs
- Making the Most of a Career Fair
- What to Know Before You Go
An important part of preparation is researching employers to determine their recruiting strategy. Make the best use of your time by identifying whether your target employers recruit via career fairs and if not, finding other ways to connect.
- Learn more about business attire: Your Professional Image: Putting Your Best Foot Foward
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.