Welcome back to campus…we can’t wait to work with you!
For those of you who are all about the deadlines…
January 26th: Make the most of your Spring Break and connect with employers and alumni in research, startups, finance, law, consulting, and more through our first Career Trek to Boston. Apply by January 26th!
February 2nd: Summer Internship Program positions
- First-Years looking to gain more industry experience, apply for our Columbia Exploration Externship (CEE) program to gain first-hand experience in your field of interest. Alumni hosts from organizations throughout the New York City metro area will host externs during spring break week to expose them to their industries, companies, and careers. Apply today.
- Stuck between studying abroad or doing a summer internship; why choose? Apply for our Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) program where you can gain skills in diverse industries such as pharmaceuticals, finance, marketing, non-profits, research while interning internationally in cities such as Amman, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Seoul, and Singapore. Apply today.
- CC Students — Interested in building skills and tapping into that Columbia alumni network? Apply today for the Navab Fellowship program. Whether you want to develop your knowledge of laboratory research in a hospital setting or get behind the scenes in the theater or break into the legal field or dip a toe into private equity, the Navab Fellowship program has something for you. Internships come with professional development training, alumni connections, and fellowship grants where applicable. Apply today.
Check out some of our highlighted opportunities!
- Editor/Editorial Department Intern with Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism as part of the CEO Amman Program
- Natural Catastrophe Analytics Intern with Securis Investments as part of the CEO London Program
- Business Development (New Drug Discovery) Intern with Yuyu Pharma, Inc. as part of the CEO Seoul Program
- Communications Intern with the Columbia Global Center Mumbai as part of the CEO Mumbai Program
- Summer Lab Coordinating Intern with Legal Outreach, Inc. as part of the Navab Fellowship Program
February 4th: All students with a mind for international affairs, apply now for the Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program, a 6-week summer program designed to increase students’ awareness and skills around current trends and issues in international affairs.
If You’re a Hands-On Learner…
First-Years, you don’t want to miss this event on January 24th (1:00 — 3:00 p.m.)! If you are thinking about what to do in your first summer, come join your peers for a panel and discussion around summer experiences. Gain some ideas, tips, and strategies to fund your summer or think about your next steps in the summer planning process. Check out our recap of last year’s panel to learn more!
Take advantage of this two for one chance to connect with Columbia alumni and build your interviewing skills through our Alumni Practice Interview Program. You’ll have the chance to meet with Columbia alumni for a 45-minute, mock interview session and get real-time, real-world feedback on your interviewing skills. We have open sessions on January 29th and February 5th at 6:30 p.m., 7:15 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. Call to schedule an appointment at (212) 854-5609.
Or, if you’re looking to strengthen your networking skills regardless of your class year, join us for our second installment of our Fridays for Your Future Workshop Series, an interactive workshop on January 31st from 1:00 — 2:00 p.m. in the CCE Conference room where we’ll be providing tips and tricks to help you become a pro networker!
if You’re All ABout the Face-to-Face COnnections…
Join us for our Diversity Recruiting Showcase on Monday, February 3rd from 6:00 — 8:00 p.m. in Lerner Auditorium, an educational networking and recruiting event featuring representatives from multiple companies across industries. You’ll learn about the ways in which companies are hoping to attract and retain diverse talent from Columbia. Don’t miss this event co-sponsored by Columbia Women In Business Society (CWBS) and CCE.
Or come check out our Policy and Social Impact Industry Showcase on Thursday, February 6th from 6:00 — 7:30 p.m. in Lerner 555, where you’ll have the chance to learn about career paths in policy and social impact straight from professionals currently working in the fields. Later in the evening, you’ll even be able to put those networking skills to use! Register now for this industry showcase hosted by Women in Law and Politics (WILP) and CCE.
Finally remember, You are not alone
“…I walked into every meeting thinking “I don’t know what I’m doing with my life — help me!’ and I always left with enough direction to take next steps.” —Joseph Lee, SEAS ‘20
No matter where you are in your career process, we’re here to help. Come to our Quick Questions, 10-minute sessions with a career counselor on Monday through Friday from 1:00 — 4:00 p.m. — no appointment necessary.
Selected for you by our Employer and Alumni Relations team…
CLEAR is at airports all over the country and now they want to come to Columbia! The growing company that uses biometrics to confirm identities in airports and stadiums will be launching their internship program for this summer. They’ll also be attending CCE’s Engineering Industry Showcase in February.
|EMPLOYER||JOB TITLE||APPLY BY|
|Peace Corps||Coffee Chat with Peace Corps||Feb. 10|
|Schlumberger||Data Scientist||Feb. 17|
|Kantar||Market Research Intern||Feb. 21|
|M&T Bank||Retail Branch Management — Management Development Program||Feb. 27|