Remember, we are here to support you virtually
No matter where you are this fall, you have full access to our programs, services, and resources.
3 Things to Remember…
- Connect with a career counselor: Schedule a virtual appointment on LionSHARE. Or, if you just need some spontaneous guidance, join us for our virtual Quick Questions, offered Monday through Friday from 9:00 — 10:00 a.m. and from 2:00 — 4:00 p.m. EDT.
- Complete or update your LionSHARE profile with your class year, industry preferences, and most recent experience to receive content curated for your selected career interests, experience, and goals.
- Check out Design Your Next Steps, the curated guide that helps you create a plan, explore careers, and tell your story.
Intern (Virtually) Anywhere this Spring…
Looking to gain practical experience during the Spring semester? Part-time internships are a great opportunity to build your portfolio!
Pro Tip: Apply the “VIP” label to filter your LionShare search and be sure to save the search so that you can see as positions are added.
Re-Zoom, Review, Reconnect…
IT’s BEEN A BUSY FEW WEEKS. WE MADE SURE TO CAPTURE IT ALL FOR YOU WHEN YOU HAVE SOME DOWNTIME…
- The Networking from Home (NFH) series has been an excellent way for students and employers to connect and learn about the in’s and outs, trends, and opportunities in a variety of industries. Check out our NFH greatest hits playlist from the past few months where you can watch all the conversations unfold and get prepared for the next NFH!
- COVID has disrupted the hiring and recruiting landscape — watch our own staff experts discuss what employers want you to know as you identify organizations, research, network, and interview across different industries.
Resources You Need to Review…
Expressing gratitude can help you develop your professional relationships. Read on for Vault’s tips on how to say thanks in four types of networking emails.
This Thanksgiving, show some thanks to yourself! Celebrate your strengths and how to connect them to career options. Reflecting on and celebrating your skills, interests, and personality can help you connect your strengths with future career possibilities.
Short commitment, long impact? Check out micro-internships that can help you develop your portfolio, hone a skill, or gain exposure to a new organization without committing to a full internship. Learn more on our COVID FAQs page.
Soft skills matter most! The two top attributes that employers want to see on a resume are problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a team (NACE Job Outlook 2020). Meet with us during quick questions to talk through how to make your transferable skills pop on your resume.
Selected for you by our Employer and Alumni Relations team…
Explore creative careers on LionSHARE! Right now, there are over 300 jobs and internships in Advertising, Design, Arts, and other creative sectors. Check out opportunities from employers including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Konrad Group, and NBC Sports Group.
Evercore, a leading global investment bank, is hosting a virtual, educational event for Sophomores at Columbia. The session will include an overview of Investment Banking, a brief introduction to the firm, and a panel of current Evercore Analysts. If you are thinking about your Junior year summer internship, register and join them on December 2nd, 6:00 pm EDT to learn more.
|Tesla||Public Policy Internship (Spring 2021)||Nov 30|
|New York Observer||Editorial Internship||Dec 04|
|Skopos Labs||Software Engineer||Dec 30|
|iScribeMD||Medical Scribe||Dec 31|
|Crawford & Associates Engineering & Land Surveying, PC||Staff Civil Engineer||Dec 31|
|Soaringwords, Inc.||Social Media Management Internship||Dec 31|