1. Designing Your Summer Plans?
Positions are still available through the Navab Fellowship Program for this summer! TZP Group, The Culture and Animals Foundation, and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett are offering phenomenal internships in the private equity, performing arts, and legal industries. Apply now via LionSHARE (search using the label “Navab Fellowship Program.” In addition to the internship, the program offers Columbia College students an opportunity to gain essential professional skills, and expand personal networks in preparation for life after graduation.
Have you heard about our Career Exploration Summits? It’s a brand new program we are launching in May that allows undergraduates to explore and engage with organizations and alumni in brand name companies across various industries. The program will include 90-minute virtual visits across three days to meet with alumni and employers where you will have the opportunity to explore careers while developing skills alongside a cohort of fellow Columbia students. Apply by May 1st!
2. Apply Now for Summer Funding!
The Summer Funding Program/Summer Work Exemption Program application is open! Apply by Monday, May 10th at noon to receiving financial support for the unpaid or low-paid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity that you have secured for this summer. Read more about past participant experiences who secured funding and gained skills and support through these programs (filter by “funding programs”).
CCE hosted a panel of professionals through our Networking From Home (NFH) series from TOD’s, Warner Music Group, Artsy, and MoMA who shared key insights about their work in these creative organizations. Check out our In the Know blog post to learn the four core takeaways they had to share about navigating and succeeding in creative careers. Itching for more Networking for Home recaps? Check out all the shared advice and reflections from professionals across start-ups, finance, consulting media, and communications, and healthcare over the past year.
4. Have You Heard About Our Premium Services?
CCE has partnered with some excellent job search resources to give students fully, free access to explore and utilize as additional tools in their job search. You only need your UNI and password to begin exploring…
- Big Interview can help you prepare for both virtual and in-person interviews and gain confidence in your skills. You can record yourself answering hundreds of behavioral interview questions based on your selected industry, role, skills, and competencies and dig into a library of interview training videos.
- GoinGlobal is one of the best online resources available for learning about transnational opportunities, foreign hiring practices, and domestic, city-speciﬁc employment information. Take some time to search through Country Career Guides packed with country-specific career information.
- UniWorld provides Columbia students with two distinct directories to assist you with your international job search, offering domestic firms operating in foreign countries and foreign firms operating in the United States.
- Vault provides limitless insider company information, advice, and career management services including career guides, interview strategies, job-search tips, and full-length profiles of more than 3,000 companies.
5. Employers to Explore…
LionSHARE is filled with employers excited to connect with you this April and May:
HIGHLIGHTED EMPLOYER PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- The Duolingo EmpowHer: Women in Tech Summit is coming up on Thursday, April 29th, 2021. The event will feature a keynote from Natalie Glance, SVP of Engineering, technical presentations, networking opportunities, and even more. Space for the event is limited, so be sure to RSVP on LionSHARE.
- Join Citi for a Firmwide Fireside Chat! The Chief Financial Officer and Chief Marketing Officer will be leading a session that showcases the firm’s new developments and what it’s like to be part of the team. The event will take place on Wednesday, May 5th, 2021 from 3:00 pm — 4:00 pm EST.
- SMBC is hosting a series of Meet & Greets throughout the month of May! The series kicks off on May 17 at 4:00 pm EST with a focus on Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, and more. Learn about this event and check out the whole series on LionSHARE.
- Target, one of the largest retailers in the United States, is often recognized as being at the forefront of corporate responsibility. During their Diversity & Inclusion Panel on Tuesday, May 18th, representatives will be on-hand to discuss Target’s longstanding commitment to these topics and how you can be part of the organization.
|Lenox International||Supply Chain Intern||April 22|
|Milk Makeup||Product Design (digital) Internship Summer 2021||April 22|
|Edgemont Partners||Investment Banking Analyst (Full-Time)||April 22|
|Teladoc Health||Entry Level Software Engineer — Front End||April 22|
|Zipline International||Recruiting Coordinator||April 23|
|JUV Consulting||Finance & Operations Specialist Intern||April 25|
|Allscripts||HR Summer Intern — Remote||April 26|
|Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)||Model Risk Management Intern [2021 Internship Program]||April 30|