1. You can be a VIP and a Navab Fellow in 2021
There are still open opportunities with our spring Virtual Internship Program (VIP) — check out and apply to open positions in industries across research, finance, law, arts, and non-profits. Already have a virtual internship? You can join the VIP community by opting into the program.
Looking for a summer internship that connects you with a Columbia College alumnus/alumna? Apply for the summer Navab Fellowship Program!
Pro Tip: Apply the “VIP” or “Navab” label to filter your LionSHARE search and be sure to save the search so that you are notified when new positions are added.
2. The Spring Forecast Calls for…
Spring has sprung with recruiting and events to help you build skills, expand your network, and find jobs and internships.
- Major on the mind? CC and GS major declaration is coming up soon, and department open houses are underway! If you’re declaring this spring, learn about what recent Columbia grads have done with their degree from our major tipsheets and alumni profiles.
- Sophomores: Lime Connect’s fellowship deadline is February 28th, don’t miss an opportunity to connect with employers and strengthen your leadership skills. Read more about the benefits and eligibility.
- ICYMI: Our Diversity Micro Career Fair has passed but we have put together some tips and resources around how to assess diversity initiatives in the workplace.
3. Got Graduate School on the Brain?
Got grad school questions? We’re here to share where to get answers. Check out our In the Know post for the breakdown of where on campus (including CCE!) you can get support and feedback throughout your exploration and application process. Ready to begin writing your personal statement? Check out the recording of our personal statements workshop on how to get started.
4. The In’s and Out’s of Building Your Network
Maybe you are asking yourself, how do I even network from home? Check out this article that explains how we have changed networking through Zoom and gleans key takeaways from our past networking from home events.
Now it’s time to practice and meet professionals involved in policy and social impact careers. Joins us for a Networking from Home event on Thursday, March 11th to hear from and connect with professionals across the industry.
5. Employers to Explore…
LionSHARE is filled with employers excited to connect with you this February.
HIGHLIGHTED EMPLOYER PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- USAA invites all first-year and sophomore students looking for Summer 2022 internships to learn about Chief Financial Officer (CFO) profession and daily work from the office. Representatives will engage in an interactive Q&A session. Register by February 24 in LionSHARE.
- Join Charles River Associates on March 2 at 6 pm EST to learn about company culture and careers in consulting. Register in LionSHARE.
- CorrelationOne is the host of the next Citadel Securities Datathon, and you’re invited! This world’s premier data science competition series for data scientists challenges students to tackle real-world social challenges in topics such as urban traffic, renewable energy, and education. The prize includes $25k in cash prizes and exclusive recruitment opportunities with Citadel LLC and Citadel Securities! Apply by March 14, 11:59 PM EST.
- Looking to break into the world of Wall Street? Houlihan Lokey invites you to join their virtual info session on March 9 at 6:00 pm EST. It will be a unique opportunity to gain tips and tricks to help you land your next finance job.