At the end of any interview, you will be given the opportunity to ask questions. Here are some key questions to ask at the end of an interview.
Keep in mind it is important to ask questions that are speciﬁc to the position and industry beyond what is listed below.
Questions for managers
- What are the ongoing or special departmental projects?
- What are the daily responsibilities of the position? (Do not ask what is directly stated in the job description.)
- What is the top priority for the person in this position over the next three months?
- What are company expectations for the position? What does the company or division hope that the employee will accomplish?
Questions for Peers
- What is a typical workday like for you?
- Have you seen opportunity for professional growth?
- What are the greatest challenges you face on the job?
- What do you like best about working for this company?
Questions for Human Resources
- What is the orientation process for new hires?
- What training and professional development programs are oﬀered?
- What is the timetable for advising applicants of their status?