Hear directly from employers and alumni about careers and companies
Career Exploration Summits are virtual opportunities for undergraduates to explore and engage with organizations and alumni in brand name companies across various industries.
The program will include 90-minute virtual visits across three days to meet with alumni and employers where you will have the opportunity to explore careers while developing skills alongside a cohort of fellow Columbia students. Employer partners and alumni hosts from organizations will discuss topics from most pressing trends to what their day-to-day looks like to help you develop skills across a range of industries.
You will also receive professional development support from CCE during the week and beyond.
Upcoming Career Exploration Summits
There will be a virtual Career Exploration Summit during the Summer A term from May 10-13, 2021.
Please note: We will no longer be offering a summit from May 25-27, 2021.
WEEK 1 EMPLOYER SCHEDULE
- Monday, May 10 — Pfizer (pharmaceuticals)
- Tuesday, May 11 — Citi (financial services)
- Wednesday, May 12 — OC&C Strategy Consultants (consulting)
- Thursday, May 13 - Bonus session with Pfizer (pharmaceuticals)
- Thursday, May 13 — GBH (journalism)
Please note: The exact times for virtual sessions will be announced in the coming weeks.
By participating in the Career Exploration Summit, you will:
- Understand more about various industries and career paths
- Connect with alumni and employer representatives at companies across a range of industries
- Gain awareness of how to succeed in the world of work through participation in company information sessions and skill-building workshops
- Interact with a cohort of fellow students and CCE counselors through participating in professional development activities throughout the week
- Receive ongoing support through meetings with CCE career counselor
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student currently enrolled in one of the following schools:
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering
- School of General Studies
- Students who are on a leave of absence or who have withdrawn from Columbia University are not eligible.
*By submitting an application, you authorize the Center for Career Education to conduct academic and disciplinary checks to confirm program eligibility. Certain University policy violations may disqualify you from consideration for the program
Application Process & Timeline
The CES application is posted in LionSHARE. Applications will open on April 1 and close on May 2, 2021.
The following items must be submitted as one document to the posting(s) in LionSHARE:
- Transcript (can be unofficial): this is your current semester course schedule, which you can access by logging into Student Services Online, clicking on “My Schedule” and copying and pasting your course schedule into a Word Document. The schedule should show your full name, your school, your current courses, and your enrollment status.
- Answer to short-answer questions in a PDF or a Word Document
- If applicable, your Summer A course schedule.
- April 1 — CES application available on LionSHARE + CCE’s website
- May 2 — Application deadline for Week 1
- May 6 — Confirmation of your application for the program
- May 10-11-12-13 — Career Exploration Summit Week 1 program takes place