Quick Question meetings are ten minute long sessions for students currently enrolled in Columbia College, Columbia Engineering, School of General Studies, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, and School of the Arts. Students are able to meet with a counselor without a prior appointment for answers to quick questions as well as an introduction to CCE's resources and services. Counselors can address questions on a variety of topics such as:
- Resumes and cover letters (please bring hard copies of these documents with you)
- How to prepare for an upcoming interview or networking event
- LionSHARE, our job/internship database and on-campus recruiting program
- Interviewing tips
- How to evaluate a job or internship offer
- How to start a job or internship search
Quick Question appointments are available Monday through Friday from 1-4 p.m. during the academic year. Please note that Quick Question hours are not held over the summer or on days when the University is closed. All students must sign-in on the computer next to the front desk for a ten minute slot. Be aware that demand for Quick Question appointments is highest at the beginning of each semester so students are advised to plan ahead.
Alumni who require assistance should schedule an individual counseling session by calling 212-854-5609. Alumni should also review the many resources available on the job search process.