We invite you to speak with a career counselor about how to best utilize the below resources to craft a strategic plan for your Non-Profit/Social Justice career exploration and job search.
Identifying Social Responsibility Organizations
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR): A global organization that helps member companies achieve success in ways that respect ethical values, people, communities and the environment. BSR promotes cross sector collaboration and contributes to global eﬀorts to advance the ﬁeld of corporate social responsibility.
- Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies (CERES): A coalition of investment funds, environmental organizations, and public interest groups whose mission is to move businesses, capital, and markets to advance lasting prosperity by valuing the health of the planet and its people.
- The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD): An alliance of 175 international companies united by a shared commitment to sustainable development via the three pillars of economic growth, ecological balance, and social progress.
Finding Jobs that Promote Social Responsibility
- National Council of Nonproﬁts
- Kenneth Cole Community Action Program @ Columbia University
- Community Impact
- Double Discovery Center
- Columbia Community Outreach
- Earth Institute
- National Center for Children in Poverty
- Institute for the Study of Human Rights
- Columbia Global Justice
- Engineers Without Borders
- Columbia UNICEF
- Amnesty International
- Scientists and Engineers for a Better Society
External Volunteer Opportunities
- Make a Diﬀerence-America’s Guide to Volunteering and Community Service by Arthur I. Blaustein
- 100 Jobs in Social Change by Harley Jebens
- Jobs and Careers with Non-Proﬁt Organizations by Ron and Caryl Krannich, Ph.D
- Giving Back: Using Your Inﬂuence to Create Social Change by Merrill J. Oster & Mike Hamel
- Giving from Your Heart : A Guide to Volunteering by Dr. Bob Rosenberg & Guy Lampard
- The Halo Eﬀect : How Volunteering Can Lead to a More Fulﬁlling Life — And A Better Career by John Reynolds & Gene Stone
- How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas by David Bornstein
- The Diﬀerence a Day Makes : 365 Ways to Change Your World in Just 24 Hours by Karen M. Jones
- Making Money While Making a Diﬀerence: How to Proﬁt with a Nonproﬁt Partner by Robin Simons
- Corporate Social Responsibility : Doing the Most Good for Your Company and Your Cause by Philip Kotler and Nancy LeeArticles
- “Corporate Philanthropy Often Betters Their Business Model” by Carol Hymowitz