There are two types of on-campus employment: federal work-study positions and casual positions offered by Columbia University or affiliate offices. Federal work-study positions are only available to US citizens who have received a work-study allocation in their financial aid packages. If you are unsure about your eligibility for work-study, contact the Financial Aid Office. Casual positions are open to any Columbia student, regardless of financial aid package or citizenship.

The websites and contact information for some on-campus employers are listed below. After formally applying for opportunities, remember to follow up with the employer to confirm the receipt of your application. If you don’t see advertised positions at the office where you want to work, introduce yourself to the employer and express interest in future openings.  

If you need help with application materials, counselors at the Center for Career Education are available during walk-in hours (Mon.-Fri. 1pm-4pm) or by scheduled appointments.  

Resources for Federal Work Study Employment

Resources for Casual On-Campus Employment


  • Center for Career Education LionSHARE Database - In the “job type” filter, choose “On Campus Student Employment” (you may need to select “View All” in the filter menu to select this option). You may also search for off-campus “part-time” or paid Internship positions through this portal. Please note that all On Campus Student Employment positions should be posted by a Columbia University or affiliated office. If you find a job posted by a non-Columbia affliate using this job type search, please notify CCE.

Academic/Administrative Offices


Please provide any feedback so we can make our resources the most relevant and helpful for you.

You must login to provide feedback.