Dossier services (also called “credentials services”) for Columbia University students is provided through “Interfolio”, an online confidential credentials file management service. Interfolio forwards designated dossier files with applications for opportunities in colleges, universities, independent schools, and industry.
Who is eligible to use Dossier Services?
Students enrolled in the following schools:
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- School of the Arts
- The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science (graduate students only)
- School of General Studies
Dossiers for undergraduate students and alumni of Columbia College and Columbia Engineering are administered by the Center for Student Advising. Questions about dossiers offered through the Center for Student Advising should be directed to 212-854-8711 or the Office of Pre-Professional Advising at 212-854-8722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a new Interfolio account
New dossier service users can register for an Interfolio account. There is an annual account registration and maintenance fee of $19.
For more information and support, please visit “Interfolio”. Once your account has been created, please visit your Portfolio page and complete the education section. We use this information solely for reporting purposes.
If you had dossiers on file with us prior to 2003, please email email@example.com to request your credentials.
Your interfolio account PROVIDEs
- Secure and self-directed document management
- Confidential document handling
- Multiple delivery options and reliable delivery tracking
Interfolio manages the operation of the dossier file service and stores dossier content, while we provide counseling and guidance on how to obtain reference letters and prepare applications.
Your dossier FIle includes
- Confidential letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae(CV)/resumes
- Writing samples
- Dissertation abstracts
- Teaching evaluations
Please note that not all admissions committees accept dossier files from students. Please check with the institution to ensure they accept Interfolio services before applying to a program.
- Submit electronic or hard copy letters of recommendation
- Review academic portfolios and dossiers online in a secure PDF format
- Create an academic portfolio and store your personal letters of recommendation
- Manage and track letters through a free letter writers account
How to submit a letter of recommendation
Letters of recommendation with the document request form, can be mailed to either:
Center for Career Education Dossier Service
East Campus, Lower Level
2960 Broadway, MC 5727
New York, NY 10027
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 854-3376 .
Expedited Processing Center
1900 L Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Document IDs can be found at the bottom of the document request form and can also be obtained from Interfolio Customer Service. Please call (877)-997-8807 or email email@example.com