CCE Internships+ partners with employers from a variety of career fields and provides you with a QUALITY internship experience plus early career professional development programming.
Through CCE Internships+, you will develop an enhanced professional skill set intended to support you in the early stages of your career, gain hands-on professional experience in the career field of your interest, and receive customized career counseling. In the past, students that participated in CCE Internships have held internships in the following industries:
Media and Communications
Legal Advocacy and more!
CCE Internships+ is a combination of an internship experience, CCE’s early career professional development programming and added support from a career counselor.
Program features include:
- Professional skills workshops and resources to enhance your internship experience and provide you with tangible tools for success in the early stages of your career and beyond
- Internship opportunity to build your portfolio, develop professional skills, and increase your network
- Access to one-on-one career counseling throughout the internship to support and enhance the experience
- End-of-program reﬂection project and session where you give thought to your growth and challenges during the internship experience to help you evaluate what opportunities you would like to target next and carry your momentum forward
- Select nonprofit positions within CCE Internships+ will receive a stipend award for expenses related to supporting this opportunity. The amount of the stipend award will be listed in the job description in LionSHARE.
- Establish professional skills and industry knowledge related to your individual internship
- Gain familiarity with workplace structure, including tools and techniques to manage responsibilities and share information
- Develop goal-setting, time-management, organization, and communication skills through work experience
- Expand your professional network through building relationships with program participants and colleagues
- Be able to articulate your internship experience to highlight key transferable skills for future career-related opportunities
- You must be a full-time currently enrolled student in both the fall and spring semesters in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, or School of General Studies
- You must be able to commit a minimum of 8 hours per week to the internship opportunity and participate in CCE’s Early Career Professional Development trainings.
- International students need to apply for Pre-Completion OPT (Optional Practical Training) or F-1 CPT (Curricular Practical Training) as these are off-campus internship experiences. Visit the Columbia International Students & Scholars Office employment section to learn more.
Application Process & Timeline
HAVE AN INTERNSHIP AND WANT TO JOIN CCE INTERNSHIPS+?
Sign up to join the CCE Internships+ program using this simple application form.
Looking for an internship?
Internships will be posted in LionSHARE on a rolling basis as they become available. While some CCE Internships+ opportunities can be viewed on the CCE Internship Programs Positions webpage, the most updated rolling list can be viewed by applying the “CCE Internships+” label in LionSHARE. (ProTip: Filter your LionShare internship search under the Jobs tab by using the label function “CCE Internships+”)
To be considered for a CCE Internships+ position, submit the documents selected by the process in LionSHARE. Some opportunities may direct you to apply externally on the organization’s website.
- Students Submit applications via LionSHARE
- Employers will select candidates to interview either in person, phone or video
- Oﬀers are made to candidates directly by Employers
- CCE hosts Early Career Professional Development trainings for all interns
- Internship experience (virtual, in-Person, or hybrid)
- CCE hosts one-on-one mid-program check-in meeting with all interns
- CCE reviews reflection project and hosts reﬂection session for all interns