This October is Exploration Month at CCE! Our month-long slate of programs and resources will help you prepare, connect, and practice for your next steps.
What can I expect?
During the first half of the month, we’ll help prepare you to connect with employers, alumni, and graduate schools through skill-building and exploratory workshops.
In the second half of the month, you’ll get to meet employers and Columbia alumni working in a variety of industries through networking events and coffee chats. In addition, you’ll get to connect with graduate schools in our first-ever Virtual Graduate School Fair!
Throughout the month, look out for our identity-based networking events where you can connect with Columbia alumni and industry professionals who share your identities.
What’s on the calendar?
- Oct. 6: Virtual Networking | 4:00–5:00 p.m.
- Oct. 7: LionSHARE and LinkedIn Lab | 12:00–1:00 p.m. Recap
- Oct. 14: What Employers Want You to Know! | 12:00–1:00 p.m. Recap
- Oct. 21: Exploring Graduate School | 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Oct. 8: Virtual Tech Connect | 2:30–4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 19: Columbia Alumni Networking Event | 4:00–6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 19–30: Coffee Chats with Employers & Columbia Alumni
- Oct. 22: Networking from Home: Telling Your Story as a First-Generation Low-Income Student | 4:00–5:30 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Networking from Home: Students–Alumni of Color | 6:00–7:00 p.m.
- Oct. 29: Networking from Home: LGBTQ+ | 6:00–7:00 p.m.
NETWORKING AND Recruiting:
- Oct. 9: Virtual Tech Connect | 1:00–4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 13: Virtual Micro Career Fair: Healthcare | 4:00–6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 27: Virtual Micro Career Fair: Diversity Recruiting | 4:00–5:30 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Virtual Graduate School Fair | 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Connect with us to learn more
You can connect with a career counselor 1-1 for 15-minute virtual Quick Questions, weekdays from 9:00–10:00 a.m. and 2:00–4:00 p.m.