Last week, we welcomed 16 employers to campus for a bustling night of networking at the Beyond the Bulge Bracket Industry Showcase. Over 135 students attended, connecting with employers and learning about the many internship and full-time opportunities at boutique financial services firms.
Who Was There
Employers in attendance represented a wide variety of areas within boutique financial services:
- Earnest Research, a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior
- Virtu Financial, a financial technology firm that operates both proprietary trading and client-facing businesses in the global financial marketplace
- Broadhaven, an independent investment bank and advisory firm serving the global financial services industry
- Canaccord Genuity, a global, full-service investment banking and financial services company with operations in ten countries worldwide
- Marathon Capital, an investment bank focused on the global power and infrastructure markets
- Mizuho Financial Group, a global, Japan-based bank offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries
- Popular, Inc., a Puerto Rico–based global financial services conglomerate that offers private wealth management, commercial banking, and retail banking
- SMBC, a Toyko-based global bank with offices in 40+ countries, in the top 25 banks worldwide by assets under management
- Spurrier Capital Partners, a New York City–based elite boutique investment bank specializing in M&A advisory and Private Placements for leading Enterprise Technology companies
- Fred Alger, a growth-style investment management firm serving U.S. and non-U.S. institutional investors and financial advisors
- Graham Capital Management, LP, an alternative investment firm focused on innovative quantitative and discretionary investment solutions
- Greentech Capital Advisors, a sustainable financial and strategic advisory firm with offices in New York, San Francisco, and Zurich
- Level Equity, a growth-stage private equity firm with a focus on the technology industry
- D.A. Davidson, a diversified financial services company that delivers a breadth of financial solutions to individual and institutional investors, companies, and government entities
- StepStone, a global private markets firm providing customized investment and advisory solutions
- Hold Brothers, a direct access trading firm that offers trading technology and support services solution for individual, hedge fund and other group traders
Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors, Greentech Capital Advisors, Spurrier Capital Partners, Canaccord Genuity Petsky Prunier, Marathon Capital, and SMBC, and our Gold Sponsors, Popular Bank and Hold Brothers, for helping make the night a fantastic experience for our students!
Keep Those Connections Going!
Looking to put in an application? Check out our updated Design Your Next Steps for brand new resume and cover letter tips and samples, as well as prep resources to help you stand out in your interviews.