Consider Design Your Next Steps, the latest edition of our career guide, your textbook for all things career development. It will:
- Walk through narrowing down what you want to do. How do you figure out which career is right for you? While it may feel intimidating at first, you can take steps to understand which career options may be a fit for you.
- Show you how to write a stellar resume. According to a study by TheLadders, an online job-matching service, recruiters spend an average of six seconds reviewing an individual resume. Use our tips to help make yours stand out.
- Recommend ways to tailor your cover letter. Tailoring is key since every organization is different and one general form letter will not work for all of your applications.
- Help you interview with confidence. Learn how to answer “Tell me about yourself.” and what are good questions for you to ask the employer.
- Guide you in creating an effective online presence. According to a survey by Jobvite, a recruiting platform, 96% of recruiters use social media in the recruiting process. Use our LinkedIn Profile Development Checklist to get started.