CCE Has An Arsenal of Tools to Support Your Career Success
Whether you’re initiating, continuing, or pivoting your job search after graduation, remember to loop us in as you move ahead!
We offer targeted services and programs specifically designed to help you navigate current trends and develop strategies for the changing job market.
So, as you kick off your search, consider the following resources:
Career Counseling Appointments
Whether you want to stay the course or shift to consider new opportunities, we have tailored resources for you!
We partner with you to design your next steps as you explore your career interests, prepare to apply for jobs, build your network, and develop your job search plan.
Whether you’re a current student or an alum, you can connect with our career counselors via Zoom or phone for a 30-minute, one-on-one session. Log-on to LionSHARE to schedule your appointment!
Virtual Fridays for Your Future series
This series of 30-minute Zoom workshops is designed to help you develop your career planing toolkit and learn how to approach your internship or job search.
Join us for our next workshop, Navigating Your Job Search on May 22th for a live Q&A with our Employer and Alumni Relations team about what they are hearing from employers about their current and future internship and full-time hiring plans.
Direct Employer COnnections: Networking from Home series
If you’re looking to connect directly with employers, check out our virtual networking series.
You’ll have the chance to network with multiple employers in a small group setting. We highlight a different industry for each event, so be sure to check our Events page to see what’s coming up next!
Upcoming sessions include: Consulting, Media & Communications, Healthcare, and Making the Most of Your Virtual Internship.
What to Expect:
Each event is a 60-minute Zoom session featuring both a moderated Q&A session and small-group breakout sessions. You’ll have the chance to learn more about your fields of interest and to develop valuable professional connections.
The next event is Networking from Home: Consulting on May 26th; hope to see you there!
Virtual Practice Interview Program
This program is designed specifically for rising seniors and recent graduates.
During the week of June 1 — 7, 2020, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your interview skills and get feedback from industry professionals working at companies such as Google, Paypal, Yext, Stripe, and Ella and Oak.
Apply by May 25th via LionSHARE to secure your spot!
Free Premium Resources
After you graduate, you’ll still have access to CCE’s customized job search resources, which are exclusively available to the students and alumni we serve. You can click on the links and log-in with your UNI and password to gain access to them:
- Big Interview: Practice your virtual interviews and strengths your interview skills through this online interview preparation platform.
- GoinGlobal: Learn about transnational opportunities, foreign hiring practices, and domestic, city-specific employment information via this online resource.
- UniWorld: Explore information about American firms operating in foreign countries and Foreign firms operating in the United States to supplement your search.
- Firsthand: Expand your industry knowledge through career guides, company profiles, and industry-specific job postings.
Job Search Tools
Once you’ve exhausted all of the resources above, we have a couple more tools that may be helpful to structure your job search process.
- Your Job or Internship Search Checklist: This checklist can help you to develop a personalized search strategy that suits your strengths and needs. It includes information on research, planning, refining your professional image, relationship-building, applying, interviewing, and following up. Use this checklist to keep track of your goals when you’re simultaneously doing different job search activities.
- Tools to Organize Your Job or Internship Search: This tips sheet shows you how to build customized search, networking, and interviewing trackers and includes examples. Trackers can help you stay organized throughout the search process. They are particularly helpful during the follow-up process so you have easy access to the who, what, how, and when information you need for thank you notes and follow ups.
No Matter Where You Are In Your Search, We’re Here to Help
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions about our services and programs and to schedule an appointment!