CCE held Startup Alley on Friday, March 2nd, a Career Fair specifically catered to bringing in organizations in the startup and entrepreneurial industry.
The 35 employers who attended included organizations like quip, Plated, CiperHealth, and BAM.money, Inc., and ranged in industry from sports & leisure to healthcare to marketing to food & beverage to research to internet & software. More than 350 students braved the weather to speak with the company representations and learn about their organizations and available opportunities.
Organizations were looking to fill some of the roles that are more traditionally associated with startups, such as software engineer, front-end developer, and full-stack engineer, but were also looking for roles that are sometimes overlooked.
roles beyond tech:
- film and photography intern
- marketing and content specialist
- community engagement officer
- business development analyst
- technology evangelist
- quant researcher
- product specialist
If you’re interested in startups
- Find organizations where you connect with their mission
- Be able to articulate the value you can add to their organization
- Remember that startups need people to build their product and sell their product (look for how your major and background fit in)
- Research their company culture (check out the website, employees, etc.)
Learn more about startups today and prepare for the next Startup career fair!