On-Campus Jobs and Federal Work Study
There are two types of on-campus employment: federal work-study positions and casual positions. Federal work-study positions are only available to US citizens who have received a work-study allocation in their financial aid packages. If you are unsure about your eligibility for work-study, contact the Financial Aid Office. Casual positions are open to any Columbia student, regardless of financial aid package or citizenship.
The websites and contact information for some on-campus employers are listed below. After formally applying for opportunities, remember to follow up with the employer to confirm the receipt of your application. If you don't see advertised positions at the office where you want to work, introduce yourself to the employer and express interest in future openings.
If you need help with application materials, counselors at the Center for Career Education are available during Quick Questions (Mon.-Fri. 1pm-4pm) or by scheduled appointments.
Resources for Federal Work-Study Positions
- The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Office - Search this site for work-study positions only.
Resources for Casual On-Campus Employment
- Center for Career Education LionSHARE Database - In the "position type" drop-down menu, choose "casual on-campus," "part-time" or "temporary" Note that some of the job postings may be for off-campus positions.
- Dining Services - (administrative, technical, and part-time positions) Contact: Terri Caldes at email@example.com
- Dodge Fitness Center
- Columbia University Libraries - Students should fill out an application in 519 Butler. Contact: Mary Beth Figueroa
- Columbia University Department of Public Safety
- Academic or Administrative Departments: See individual department websites. (example: Dept. of Anthropology)
- Columbia College Information Technology (CCIT): Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Columbia Student Calling Center