SIF Application Process
Currently registered undergraduate students (CC, SEAS, GS) who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- A rising sophomore, junior, or senior in good academic and disciplinary standing with at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- A recipient of Columbia grant-based financial aid. Please check with your school's financial aid office to confirm you are eligible.
- Secured an unpaid or low-paid (less than minimum wage) internship at a startup* for summer 2017 prior to the application deadline.
*For the purpose of this program the term startup will be defined as a company that has been in existence for 5 years or less, is growing quickly but whose ultimate success is far from assured. Please note that this definition is not limited to technology companies and can be applied to a variety of industries—for profit or non-for profit.
Applicants who do not meet these criteria and have incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note, by submitting an application, you authorize the Center for Career Education to conduct academic, disciplinary and financial aid checks to confirm program eligibility and inform funding decisions. Certain University policy violations may disqualify you from consideration for the SIP program.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit the online SIF application prior to the deadline of Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- Upload your resume and personal statement with your application. The letter of recommendation, employer verification form and budget submission form will be completed using the links provided:
Please note you may submit one personal statement if you apply to more than one funding program.
DESCRIPTION OF THE OPPORTUNITY
- describe the organization, your role, and responsibilities;
- describe your duties, projects to be completed and deadlines; and
- explain why you want to intern at this organization.
- what do you intend to learn from this experience?
- what are your goals and how do they align with your academic interests and/or career plans?
- describe the supervision you will receive.
- what kind of instruction, assistance and training will you receive and from whom?
- explain how and when you will be evaluated.
- explain why you should be considered for this program;
- explain how your plans will be affected if you do not receive CCE funding; and
- address your committment to completing program requirements (for WEP: reflection project; for all other funding programs: donor thank you letter and budget reconciliation)
If you have any further questions not addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.