Students seeking unique cultural experiences along with opportunities for professional development have been drawn to CEO Singapore. Known as a cosmopolitan melting pot, this city boasts diverse cultures and ethnicities, renowned art and cuisine, and leading companies from an array of industries. CEO Singapore’s central location, which allows for easy travel throughout Southeast Asia, and its diverse offering of internship opportunities provide students with dynamic international and professional experiences.
Top Ten Reasons to go to Singapore through the CEO program
- Explore 840 different plants and 500 animal species at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, one of the world’s two rainforests located by a city.
- Delight your tastebuds by trying out some of Singapore’s mouthwatering signature foods like chilli crab, fish head curry or Hainanese Chicken Rice at a hawker center.
- Check out Tiong Bahru, Singapore’s hot new hipster neighborhood filled with cool shops, restaurants, bars, and restored shophouses.
- If you are a fashionista, Haji Lane in the Kampong Glam neighborhood is a must-see as this tucked-away alley holds an array of narrow shophouses that have been converted into hip shops.
- Enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the city on The Singapore Flyer, a large observation wheel that stands 541 feet above the ground.
- Watch decorated boats mesmerize crowds of people at the Singapore Dragon Boat Racing Festival.
- Visit the Thian Hock Keng Temple, or the Temple of Heavenly Happiness, one of Singapore’s oldest temples built by early immigrants.
- Watch a stunning sunset over the hills of Singapore through the Southern Ridges Walk, where ultra modern skyscrapers meet lush jungle.
- After your internship, explore other South East Asian cities like Bali, Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh City, all within a few hours of Singapore.
- Gain valuable international work experience through a variety of internship opportunities!
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!