Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is India’s largest city as well as the 4th most populous city in the world. Mumbai is also the home of “Bollywood”, and is full of old-world relics right beside its modern skyscrapers. With world-class professional opportunities situated next to the beautiful Arabian Sea, Mumbai is a culturally rich city. For those seeking both exciting professional and personal opportunities, CEO Mumbai is the perfect program!
Top Ten Reasons to go to Mumbai through the CEO program
- Visit the Columbia Global Center in Mumbai and see what Columbia is up to on the other side of the world.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum has art from around the world, and is famous for having the world’s largest ancient Indian art collection
- Wake up at 6am on a Sunday and experience the madness of Chor Bazaar, where you can test your haggling skills on anything from old paintings to rocking chairs!
- You will likely run into many world renowned models and movie stars in Mumbai, the birthplace of Bollywood.
- Take a cruise down Marine Drive, the boulevard which follows the Arabian Sea and offers a beautiful view both of Mumbai’s skyline and its scenic seashore.
- Re-connect with nature by taking a trek out to Sanjay Gandhi National Park, home to over 40 square miles of beautiful flora and fauna.
- Check out Antilia, the world’s most expensive residential property, priced only lower than Buckingham Palace of London…
- See India's favorite sport - attend a world-class cricket match at Wankhede Stadium.
- Visit Elephanta Caves - a UNESCO World Heritage site!
- Gain valuable international work experience through a variety of internship opportunities!
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!