Since the CEO program’s inception in 2007, London has been a popular destination for Columbia students looking to gain international work experience. As a global metropolis, London provides opportunities for students to intern in a range of industries at the center of commerce. A large alumni network in the region provides additional support for undergraduates working abroad and the city’s rich cultural history offers an exciting summer experience both inside and outside the workplace.
Top Ten Reasons to go to London through the CEO Program
- Channel your inner wizard and make your childhood dream come true with the Harry Potter studio tour.
- Explore the art of the Italian Renaissance or French Impressionists, or whoever else, by visiting one of the many museums in London.
- London is a great gateway for you to travel across Europe – many countries are just a high speed train ride away!
- Take a break each day and enjoy high or low tea with finger foods in the place where the tradition originated.
- Explore historic neighborhoods including Marylebone Stroll, Notting Hill and Piccadilly Circus, and swim in Kensington Gardens.
- Be a part of the royal tradition of London by visiting the Tower of London and the Buckingham Palace.+
- View the city from above and see all the way to Windsor Castle on the London Eye.
- Top off your oyster card and master the city’s public transportation system, London’s Underground, also known as the Tube.
- If you’re a politics junkie, Europe is going through an especially exciting political period - talk to locals who can share opinions that will broaden your perspectives!
- Gain valuable international work experience in London through internship opportunities!
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!