CEO Hong Kong
Spurred by a large and active alumni presence, CEO Hong Kong was launched in 2007 during the program’s inaugural year. The city’s fast-paced environment, stunning sites and culture, and reputation as a gateway to Chinese and global business makes this location ideal for Columbia students searching for international experiences. As one of the oldest sites and with a strong local Columbia University network, CEO Hong Kong has provided numerous students with opportunities to explore career paths and connect with professionals in a global context.
Top Ten Reasons to go to Hong Kong through the CEO Program
- In a city with a robust network of young alumni, connect with a Columbia alum in Hong Kong who can offer you support, career advice, and perhaps even take your intern group out for a night on the town.
- Get gaming at the Ani-Com & Games fair held in July and join 700,000 people in exploring 500 innovative products, games and activities.
- Become a festival aficionado by going to the HK Arts Festival, HK International Film Festival, Le French May or International Arts Carnival.
- Experience the Symphony of Lights, the world’s largest permanent light and sound show, featuring 44 buildings along Victoria Harbour.
- Take the Ngong Ping Cable Car ride to religious and cultural attractions including Giant Buddha, Po Lin Monastery and Wisdom Path.
- Release your inner child at one of Asia’s only three Disneyland locations!
- Divine the future with chim (bamboo fortune sticks) at Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple, an explosion of colors, flowers, and incense.
- Go island-hopping by visiting Lantau Island, Cheung Chau Island, or Lamma Island, all a short jaunt from Hong Kong Island.
- Get your geology on by exploring the HK Global Geopark of China, which showcases a unique hexagonal volcanic rock column and wetlands.
- Gain highly valued international experience in sectors across the board through various internship opportunities in one of the world’s most exciting economies.
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!