The CEO Beijing program, launched in 2010, has been a destination for many students eager to learn more about Chinese history and culture, while simultaneously gaining career-related skills. With the East Asia Columbia Global Center and a strong alumni network located in Beijing, students are able to immerse themselves in this historic city and strengthen their skill sets while remaining closely connected to the Columbia community throughout their summers abroad.
Top Ten Reasons to go to Beijing through the CEO program
- Visit the Columbia Global Center in Beijing and see what Columbia is up to on the other side of the world.
- Check in at the Great Wall, the longest wall in the world, spanning 2,150 miles – nearly three times the length of Britain.
- Pick up and brush up on Mandarin, by far the most commonly spoken language in the world.
- Visit historical and cultural sites including the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, or Lianhuachi Park.
- Enjoy the summer festivities including the Dragon Boat Festival, which combines an explosion of colors, boat racing competitiveness and delicious rice dumplings, all wrapped into one.
- Indulge your taste buds in a culture that celebrates and prides itself on the variety of food and snacks – not just in restaurants, but also in myriad different Snack Streets around the city.
- Discover one of the world’s “it” cosmopolitan cities with a population of over 21 million and a history that dates back over 3,000 years.
- Discover the cutting edge Chinese modern art scene and relax at the cafes and restaurants in the very cool 798 Art District.
- China has been a major player on the global political and economic arena for the last decade. Why hear American politicians talk about it when you can go to the capital and see for yourself?
- Look no further for the most prominent international work experience! Check out the list of internship opportunities in Beijing for this summer.
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!