CEO Application Process
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time sophomores or juniors in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science or the School of General Studies. Students who are on leave of absence or who have withdrawn from Columbia University are not eligible.
- Currently registered student in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must be able to commit to the full program.
- Students must have a desire to engage in new cultural experiences and be willing to expand their horizons.
- Students are only eligible to complete one CEO experience throughout the duration of an academic career at Columbia University. This policy is in place to ensure that as many students as possible are able to engage in this unique experience.
STUDENTS WHO ARE STUDYING ABROAD ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Interviews will be conducted over the phone or Skype.
*Please note, by submitting an application, you authorize the Center for Career Education to conduct academic, disciplinary and financial aid checks to confirm program eligibility and inform funding decisions. Certain University policy violations may disqualify you from consideration for the CEO program.
How to apply
The application period is currently open to apply for Summer 2016. Please apply directly to positions via Liosnahre. Please note, you are allowed to apply up to eight (8) CEO positions across all CEO cities.
Friday, December 9, 2016
3:00 - 4:00 pm
CCE Conference Room
February 12, 2017
Application deadline for all CEO cities (all applications must be submitted through LionSHARE)
Mid-Late February 2017
All applications will be passed along for employer consideration and potential interviews.
Students will have one week to decide from offer date to accept or decline position
Friday, April 14, 2016 and Thursday, April 20, 2017
Students will be required to attend one (1) general session to prepare for the CEO program as well as a city-specific dinner with their fellow CEO program participants. City-specific dates will be announced upon receiving the CEO offer.
June 12 - August 4, 2017 (Students may need to arrive early to attend on-site orientations. Please contact CEO Program Managers before booking airline tickets)
CEO internship period