Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO)
"I can't help but grin as I realize my expectations have been exceeded - traveling to the passionate city of London, feeling daily enthusiasm for my job, meeting people who can share their life tales with me and show me the ropes to create my own adventures, and sharing the entire experience with a group of Columbia students all unique and fascinating who laugh along with me as we live and we learn."
- Nayia Moysidis, CEO London intern
Check out Genevieve Antono's (GS ’17) video, which showcases her
CEO London experience as a Legal Intern at CK Hutchison Holdings.
The Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) program offers Columbia students high quality internship experiences in a diverse array of industries in Amman, Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Seoul, Shanghai, and Singapore through alumni and employer partnerships. As globalization increases, international cultural exposure and work experiences become more important to successfully navigating and meeting the demands of the changing work environment.
The CEO internship program is a combination of gaining full time work experience over the summer in an international location, immersing yourself in new, exciting experiences, connecting with Columbia alumni, networking with professionals and learning about career opportunities. Program features include the following:
- Pre-program training that includes a program overview, guest speaker presentations, goal setting workshops with the support of a career counseling professional, a chance to speak with past participants of the program and discuss any logistical questions with the program manager.
- Eight-week summer internship, Mid-June - early August
- Housing with other CEO interns provided by CCE (required)
- Alumni mentor to provide personal and professional guidance and support throughout the summer.
- Social and networking events with the Alumni Club as an opportunity to meet other mentors, Columbia alumni and network with professionals.
- End-of-Program Reflection Session that includes evaluation of the internship experience, goal attainment analysis and larger career development discussion.
- Financial Support for travel and visa fees (on a case-by-case basis). For more information on budgeting for your CCE summer internship, click here.
Upon completion of the CEO program, students will have gained substantive international work experience and cross-cultural skills. Students will also have had opportunities to network with professionals and active Columbia alumni in an international setting. Finally, with the support of a career counseling professional, students will be able to reflect upon their internship and articulate their experiences to highlight key transferable skills.
To learn more about the Summer 2017 opportunities, search for positions and apply in LionSHARE. You may also find the positions under the jobs tab using the program labels: CEO Amman - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO Beijing - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO Hong Kong - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO London - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO Mumbai - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO Seoul - Columbia Experience Overseas, CEO Singapore - Columbia Experience Overseas, and CEO Shanghai - Columbia Experience Overseas. A full list of the positions is also located here. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the program manager via e-mail as listed below.
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!
Friday, December 9, 2016
3:00 - 4:00 pm
CCE Conference Room
If you have general questions about the program, please reach out to any of the staff members below. For city-specific questions, contact the appropriate program manager listed.
Laura Maltz (CEO Amman)
Senior Associate Director, Experiential Education
Alison Smith (CEO Mumbai, CEO Seoul)
Associate Director, Experiential Education
Pete Bridge (CEO Hong Kong, CEO Singapore)
Assistant Director, Experiential Education
Caitlin Graci (CEO Beijing, CEO Shanghai)
Assistant Director, Experiential Education
Lilly Oh (CEO London)
Program Counselor, Experiential Edcaution
Looking for additional International Opportunities to work, volunteer, teach or research? Click here to learn about resources at Columbia and outside of Columbia that can take you around the world.