Columbia University Global Opportunities (CU GO)
Columbia University Global Opportunities (CU GO) supports CCE’s commitment to providing global experiences for students. Any student who has secured an international summer internship, research, or volunteer opportunity may apply for the CU GO program. Participants will have access to an alumni mentor, receive professional development support, and develop a network of globally-minded students. This program seeks to highlight the value of international experiences while facilitating the development and assessment of global and professional competencies.
CU GO participants will receive the following benefits while pursuing their own experiential opportunities (internship, research, volunteer) over the summer:
- Optional Mock Interviews with CCE counselors to prepare students for a formal interview process
- Pre-Program Training, including, internship and cross-cultural guidance, goal-setting, and more
- Networking with fellow CU GO students and alumni
- Ongoing Career Support throughout the summer experience
- Alumni Mentor to provide personal and professional guidance and support throughout the summer
- Reflection Exercise to further support career exploration
- Reflection Session to enhance skills and confidence when leveraging summer experience in career exploration and job/internship search moving forward
Program features are in conjunction with the global experience that is independently secured by the CU GO participant.
Upon completion of CU GO, students will have enhanced cross-cultural understanding, developed a goal-setting framework, improved professional etiquette, and developed tools to pursue future career goals. In addition, CU GO students will grow their professional networks by connecting with alumni and peers.
How To Apply
Secure Your Own Experience (Opt-In) and apply to be a CU GO Participant:
- Did you accept an international experience for the summer? Congrats! Once you secure your own experience for the summer, you are eligible to apply as an Opt-in CU GO participant. As an Opt-in CU GO participant, you will receive all CU GO benefits upon acceptance of the Opt-in CU GO documents.
- The application deadline is March 26, 2017. Space is limited. Apply Now!
Are you still trying to secure a position overseas?
Don't worry! There are various ways to secure a position overseas. Take a look at the International Resources page, which will provide some recommendations on how to obtain an international opportunity. Please note it is required that all applicants secure an international experience before applying for the CU GO program.
Interested in learning about other Columbia University students' experiences during their CCE sponsored internships? Click here to read about internship experiences from all of CCE's internship programs!
Friday, December 9, 2016
3:00 - 4:00 pm
CCE Conference Room
If you have questions about CU GO, please feel free to contact:
Senior Associate Director, Experiential Education