Nervous about talking to employers at the Career Fair? Come to CCE’s Career Fair Warmup to get practice and feedback on your introduction and find out what to expect at the Undergraduate Career Fair. Sign up with a friend and learn insider tips on how to stand out and connect with employers. You’ll also get the skip the line and gain exclusive access to the fair BEFORE the doors open!
Before the Warmup:
• Read up on the employers you want to meet. Have your questions ready before the fair so you are prepared to ask about the positions or organizations that interest you
• For Career Fair information and FAQs — Check out our career fair webpage on LionSHARE or the CCE website at www.careereducation.columbia.edu/events
• Download the Columbia Career Fair Plus app.
• Polish your resume. Need help? Come to Quick Questions from 1-4pm Monday-Friday or schedule a counseling appointment at CCE
During the Warmup:
• You’ll practice your introduction and get tips from CCE counselors and your peers to help you stand out and feel more comfortable at the career fair
• After the program, skip the line and be the first to enter the career fair “It helped me to relax before the fair and practice my introduction. I noticed that my introduction flowed more naturally when interacting with employers.” — Career Fair Warmup
Participant Suggested Attire: Business
Registration required? Yes
Resume required? Yes (for the career fair)
Eligibility: This event is open to undergraduates from CC, GS, and SEAS