In collaboration with the Columbia Sports Business Club, the Center for Career Education is pleased to invite you to the Sports Business Industry Showcase! Join us at CCE for a panel discussion and networking session with experts in the industry.
Whether you are interested in learning more about how professional sports teams or sporting events develop a marketing strategy or how/why certain companies choose certain sporting events or teams to promote their brands, this showcase will give you some of the insight into a variety of jobs in the sports industry.
The event will kick-off with a panel of professionals in a range of job functions discussing their career paths, industry hiring practices and advice for success. Following the panel, students are invited to network with the participating organizations.
- Panel presentation: 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM
- Networking: 6:45 PM – 7:30 PM
Refreshments will be available for students and employers.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Research: Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event.
- Resume: It is always good practice to have your resume on-hand. Employers may request one.
- Review: Take some time to read CCE’s Making the Most of an Industry Showcase resource for more information on how to prepare for this event. You can also check out last year’s event recap on our blog, In the Know.