The Center for Career Education (CCE) will hold a panel and networking session with organizations in the Publishing industry. Representatives will speak on the variety of job possibilities and career paths that publishing holds for every interest including marketing, sales, publicity, design, editorial, legal, and production. Also, there will be a wide variety of professionals within the publishing industry.
The event will kick-off with a panel of professionals in a range of job functions discussing their career paths, the publishing industry and advice for success. Following the panel, students are invited to network with the employers to further build connections. We will have employers such as Bustle Digital Group, Hearst Magazines, Business Insider, TIME Magazine, and Hachette Book Group.
- Panel presentation: 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM
- Networking: 6:45 PM – 7:30 PM
Refreshments will be available for students and employers.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Research: Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event.
- Resume: It is always good practice to have your resume on-hand. Please remember this is an educational event, not a recruiting event.
- Review: Take some time to read CCE’s Making the Most of an Industry Showcase resource for more information on how to prepare for this event. You can also check out last year’s event recap on our blog, In the Know.