Hear directly from employers and alumni about careers and companies
WHAT IS A CAREER EXPLORATION SUMMIT?
Career Exploration Summits are virtual opportunities for undergraduates to explore and engage with organizations and alumni in brand name companies across various industries.
The program will include 90-minute virtual visits across three days to meet with alumni and employers where you will have the opportunity to explore careers while developing skills alongside a cohort of fellow Columbia students. Employer partners and alumni hosts from organizations will discuss topics from most pressing trends to what their day-to-day looks like to help you develop skills across a range of industries.
You will also receive professional development support from CCE during the week and beyond.
UPCOMING CAREER EXPLORATION SUMMITS
There will be a virtual Career Exploration Summit this January 11 — 13, 2022. To participate, apply by January 5, 2022 at noon ET.
The Summit is a great opportunity over winter break before classes resume to explore pathways and launch or keep the momentum going in your career journey. We encourage you to do your best to make as many of the Summit sessions as possible.
We will have three days of employer sessions (January 11-13). Each day we will meet virtually for a total of 90 minutes. In those 90 minutes we will have an employer session and a short professional development activity.
- Sirius XM + Pandora - resume & LinkedIn tips
From the Sirius XM + Pandora team: Come learn about how you can perfect your resume & LinkedIn profiles to stand out in the crowd of applications that companies receive. You will leave the session knowing the key highlights to focus on in your resume & how to build out a LinkedIn profile that grab a recruiters attention. Also there will be plenty of time to ask questions of recruiters who look at 1000s of applications a year & answer the information you want to know about the application process.
- Bank of America - alumni panel
From the Bank of America team: Join our Columbia Alumni Recruiting Team to learn more about Bank of America and network with representatives from our businesses. We will have banking representatives from different stages including a recent intern, an analyst, Vice President, and a Managing Director. Learn about their experiences as interns and professionals. We will end with an overview of the recruitment process and an open Q&A to allow you to ask any questions you may have.
- Final session to be confirmed
Please note: The exact employer list and virtual session times will be posted by late December.
By participating in the Career Exploration Summit, you will:
- Understand more about various industries and career paths
- Connect with alumni and employer representatives at companies across a range of industries
- Gain awareness of how to succeed in the world of work through participation in company information sessions and skill-building workshops
- Interact with a cohort of fellow students and CCE counselors through participating in professional development activities throughout the week
- Receive ongoing support through meetings with CCE career counselor
You must be a full-time undergraduate student currently enrolled in one of the following schools:
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering
- School of General Studies
Students who are on a leave of absence or who have withdrawn from Columbia University are not eligible. International students do not need to secure OPT or CPT to participate.
*By submitting an application, you authorize the Center for Career Education to conduct academic and disciplinary checks to confirm program eligibility. Certain University policy violations may disqualify you from consideration for the program.
Application & Timeline
The CES application is posted in LionSHARE. Application will open on November 29, 2021.
The following documents must be submitted as one document to the posting in LionSHARE:
1.) your resume
2.) answer the short answer question below (response can be less than one page double spaced).
Short Answer Question: Why are you interested in participating in the Career Exploration Summit and what do you hope to gain from the experience?
- November 29, 2021 — CES application opens in LionSHARE
- January 5, 2022 by noon ET — Deadline to apply for the Summit
- January 6, 2022 by 5pm ET — Confirmation of your application for the program
- January 11-13, 2022 — Career Exploration Summit program takes place for 90 minutes each day