Connect with employers virtually this spring!
The 2021 Virtual Jobs & Internships Career Fair will include organizations from diverse industries.
It is a unique and productive way to meet employers looking to hire students from Columbia University.
We welcome undergraduate students who are interested in internships as well as full-time opportunities.
Please note, this event is open to current undergraduate students and alumni who graduated in 2017 or later from the following Columbia University schools:
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering (undergraduates)
- School of General Studies
How to Access the Virtual Career Fair
REGISTER & CREATE A PROFILE IN BRAZEN
- The virtual fair will take place on a platform called Brazen.
- You must register for the event in Brazen.
- The link to register for the Brazen event can be found in LionSHARE under the 2021 Virtual Jobs & Internships Career Fair page.
- Your Brazen profile is going to be your first impression to employers. Make sure you have spent time crafting your profile, so it is representative of your skills and experience.
HOW TO ENGAGE WITH EMPLOYERS ON BRAZEN
Watch this video to learn more about how you will engage with employers on the Brazen platform.
SEE WHICH ORGANIZATIONS ARE ATTENDING AND RESEARCH THEM
- Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event. You can also review the employers attending by looking at the event lobby in Brazen.
Prepare before the event so that you standout
If you have not already, we encourage you to review the following resources before the event.
- Here’s what to consider before, during, and after the virtual event.
- Check out this Instagram Q&A where we discuss navigating the virtual experience.
What experience to expect during a virtual career fair
- When you enter the platform you will be able to explore the employer lobby and choose which booths to enter. When you want to speak with an employer, join their queue.
- Watch this video to see how you will engage employers on the Brazen platform.
- You can join more than one employer line at a time and the system will hold your spot until you and the employer representative are next available.
- Anticipate wait times just like at an in-person career fair.
- The system defaults to text chat. Employers can choose to send you an invite to video chat. Chats are all one-on-one.
- Be prepared with questions for employers as conversations are timed. You can have notes prepared with topics, questions, or experiences you want to reference.
- There will be a CCE Help Desk at the event where you can ask questions as they arise.