We are holding networking and recruiting sessions for a number of boutique consulting firms. Representatives may include firms specializing in strategy, digital, financial, supply chain, operational, as well as management consulting.
This is a great opportunity for students who are just starting to explore career opportunities in consulting or for those that have had prior internship experience in the industry. It is never too early to learn more about the variety of career paths available in consulting.
SEE WHICH ORGANIZATIONS ARE ATTENDING AND RESEARCH THEM
- Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event.
- Registration for employer sessions will open on August 30. Schedule sessions with employers via LionSHARE.
SIGN UP FOR EMPLOYER SESSIONS
Starting August 30, you will be able to schedule appointments to video chat with employer representatives in one-on-one or group sessions. Registration will be open throughout the duration of the event. Sign up for sessions in LionSHARE.
Please note, this event is open to undergraduate students and alumni who graduated between 2018-2021 from the following Columbia University schools:
- Columbia College
- Columbia Engineering (undergraduates)
- School of General Studies
- Barnard College
How to navigate a virtual career fair hosted on LionSHARE, powered by Handshake
Check out this blog post to learn more about how to navigate signing up and participating in the virtual career fair.
EXPECT VIDEO CHATS
Chats will be primarily video. One-on-one sessions are 10 minutes. Group sessions are up to 30 minutes.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox so that your video chat will function properly. Make sure your browser is updated.
UPDATE YOUR RESUME AND CONSIDER MAKING IT PUBLIC
- Update your resume and add it to your LionSHARE profile.
- We encourage you to set your LionSHARE profile to public for employers to view your documents.
- This way, the employer representatives will be able to see your resume while you’re chatting. They will also be able to download it after the event!
WATCH OUR MAKING THE MOST OF A VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR WORKSHOP
This training walks you through how to schedule and chat with employers via the LionSHARE powered by Handshake career fair platform.
OUR TIPS ON HOW TO PREPARE (THE 3 R’S)
- Research: Research the companies attending ahead of time so that you can have productive conversations at the event.
- Resume: Update your resume and add it to your LionSHARE profile. Then set your profile to be visible to employers. This way, representatives can see your resume while you’re chatting. Even better — employers can then download it after the fair!
- Review: Take some time to read our Making the Most of an Industry Showcase resource for more information on how to prepare for this event.