2016 CCE Video Contest
Enter the 5th annual CCE Video Contest and you could win $100 worth of Columbia gear!
Have an internship lined up for the summer? We want to see your work experience "brought to life" in an entertaining and original way!
How to Enter
Create a 1-3 minute video showcasing your internship experience. You can create your video over the course of the term or film it all in one sitting during the workday. Please don't hesitate to include music, text, additional graphics or other enhancements: be as creative as you want! Once your video is complete, please submit it here.
Winners will be selected by student vote and a video contest committee. Winners will be announced in early October. The Grand Prize Winner will receive over $100 worth of Columbia gear! In addition, winners for the three additional categories will receive prizes from the Center for Career Education. Please note that the Grand Prize Winner can also be a winner for one of the three additional categories. Your video may also be featured on the Columbia University Center for Career Education website.
This contest is open to students of Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts, and School of General Studies.
The deadline for the 4th Annual CCE Video Contest will be September 16, 2016. See below for submission information.
A winner will be announced for each of the following categories:
- Grand Prize Winner: A video which exemplifies overall exceptional creativity, strong production quality and most importantly, provides an informative and reflective overview of the internship experience
- Most Creative: Show off your internship in the most creative way possible
- Best Production Quality: Dazzle us with your editing skills, cinematography and command of the camera
- Most Informative: Strengths could include showcasing a day in the life of the intern or reflecting overall on the skills gained throughout the internship etc
Please contact your
employer in advance of filming a video in the workplace. Your employer must
fully approve of the filming before you enter the video contest. All
submissions become the property of the Columbia University Center for Career
Education for exhibition and distribution online or in other media. Please note: If you are in one of the CCE Internship
Programs, a video contest submission can take the place of the reflection
exercise that is required at the end of the term.
Contact Jill Burya with any questions or if you are experiencing difficulty in uploading your video.
Expand your skillset to include video-editing or film experience by entering the CCE Video Contest! You can either create an informal video with limited editing or learn and utilize some basic film and editing skills by reviewing the following video tutorials:
2015 Grand Prize Winner - As part of the STEP Program, check out Duan He’s (SEAS Masters student, Dec. 2015) video about working as a Summer Associate at Silverstein Properties, a real estate development firm in NYC.
1. Most Creative – GS senior, Yanyang Chen, learned a lot as a Marketing Intern at Sinovet (Beijing) Biotechnology Corporation. Watch the video to learn more!
2. Best Production Quality – Victoria Violet, CC ’18, spent her summer working as the Outreach Coordinator and Facilitator at alternative Education. Check out her video to learn more!
3. Most Informative – Learn more about Erin Vaughn’s experience interning through the Start-up Internship Program (SIP) at CB Insights as a Tech Industry Intern. Erin is a SEAS ’18 student.
- Check out WEP recipient Tianjia Liu’s video which highlights what it is like to do fieldwork in the Catskills as a research assistant for the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. Tianjia is a CC 2017 student studying Environmental Science.
- Louisa Carpenter-Winch, CC ’17 and STEP participant, gives the viewer an overview of what it is like to do math research for the summer on the campus of Columbia University.
- Genevieve Antono, CC ’17, takes time to reflect on her CEO Hong Kong internship as a Legal Intern at CK Hutchison Holdings
To view all 2015 video winners, please see HERE.
Winners of the 2014 CCE Video Contest:
2014 Grand Prize Winner: Angel Wang, CC 2016: Business Analyst, Vinces Consulting, Madrid, Spain.
Most Creative: Sharon Liao, CC 2016 and Bill Nguyen, CC 2016: Interns, YWCA (Kenneth Cole Community Engagement Program), New York, NY (watch video!)
Other previous contest winners:
2013 Grand Prize Winner: Madeline Rathbun, CC 2015: Intern, ReelGrrls, Seattle, Washington (watch video!)
2013 Compilation: Most Creative, Best Production Quality and Most Informative video winners from 2013 (watch video!)