CCE Video Contest
2014 3rd Annual CCE Video Contest!
Check out the videos of the 2013 2nd Annual CCE Video Contest:
Grand Prize Winner - Madeline Rathbun, CC 2015: Intern, ReelGrrls, Seattle, Washington (watch video!)
1. Most Creative - Sharon Liao, CC 2016: 9th Grade Biology Teacher, Breakthrough Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio (watch video!)
2. Best Production Quality - Parida Tanti, CC 2015, Intern, Arenson, New York, New York (watch video!)
3. Most Informative - Ziqian Liu, SEAS 2014, Global Risk Summer Analyst, Citi, New York, New York (watch video!)
- Doreen Mohammed, CC 2015, Intern, Apne Aap Women’s Collective (CEO Program), Mumbai, India (watch video!)
- Stephanie Gozali, CC 2016, Intern, NY Pops, New York, NY (watch video!)
Create a one to three minute video showcasing your internship experience. We want to see your work experience “brought to life” in an entertaining and original way. Be as creative as you want!
Videos can be created over the course of the term or feel free to film it all in one sitting during the workday. Please don’t hesitate to include music, text, additional graphics or enhancements to make your video that much more exciting!
**Please note that if you are in one of the CCE Internship Programs, a video contest submission can take the place of the reflection exercise that is required at the end of the term.
AWARDS: A winner will be announced for each of the following categories:
- Grand Prize Winner – A video which exemplifies overall exceptional creativity, strong production quality and most importantly, provides an informative and reflective overview of the internship experience
- Most Creative - Show off your internship in the most creative way possible
- Best Production Quality - Dazzle us with your editing skills, cinematography and command of the camera
- Most Informative - Strengths could include showcasing a day in the life of the intern or reflecting overall on the skills gained throughout the internship etc
Winners will be selected by student vote and the video contest committee and will be announced in early October. The Grand Prize Winner will receive over $100 worth of Columbia gear! In addition, winners for the three additional categories will receive prizes from the Center for Career Education. Please note that the Grand Prize Winner an also be a winner for one of the three additional categories. Your video may also be featured on the Columbia University Center for Career Education Website!
ADDITIONAL TERMS: Please contact your employer in advance of filming a video in the workplace. Your employer must fully approve of the filming before you enter the video contest. All submissions become the property of the Columbia University Center for Career Education for exhibition and distribution online or in other media.
QUESTIONS?: Contact Jill Burya at email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to students of Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of the Arts, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and School of General Studies.
TUTORIALS: Expand your skillset to include video-editing or film experience by entering the CCE Video Contest! You can either create an informal video with limited editing or learn and utilize some basic film and editing skills by reviewing the following tutorials (all via video!):
DEADLINE: Please submit your video contest by September 14, 2014. See below for submission information.
If you any have any challenges uploading your video, please contact Jill Burya at firstname.lastname@example.org.