Center for Career Education On-Campus Interview (OCI) Policy Changes and How to Re-gain Access
August 05, 2014
The Center for Career Education’s (CCE) On-Campus Recruiting Program (OCR) brings employers to campus for the purpose of meeting, interviewing and recruiting students. On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) is a critical component to the success of the On-Campus Recruiting program for both students and employers alike.
Based on recent employer and student feedback, we have updated our OCI policies and procedures. To ensure that everyone is made aware of these updates, all students must gain or re-gain OCI access*. To do so, you must complete a mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures.
*Please keep in mind that if you had OCI access prior to 7/1/2013 and are currently enrolled at Columbia, your OCI access was turned off as new policies are now in place. You must complete the On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview training to re-gain access.
To successfully participate in On-Campus Interviews please complete the following:
- Complete the online On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview training and sign off on the policies after passing the quiz at the end of the presentation.
- Familiarize yourself with Frequently Asked Questions: LionSHARE and On Campus Recruiting (OCR).
- Log in to LionSHARE and update your profile.
- Find the “On-Campus Interviews” tab in LionSHARE. Through this function, you can find opportunities you qualify for beginning August 1st as part of the OCI Timeline listed below.
OCI Timeline for Full-Time and Internship searches:
- Friday, August 1, 2014: Students can begin applying to OCI positions.
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014: Employer Information Sessions begin.
- Monday, September 22, 2014: Employers begin fall semester interviews on campus.
- Friday, Ocober 31, 2014: Deadline to accept full-time offers for previous summer interns.
- Friday, November 7, 2014: Deadline to accept full-time offers given during fall OCR.
- Friday, December 5, 2014: On-Campus Interviews and Employer Info Sessions end.
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015: Employer Info Sessions begin.
- Monday, January 26, 2015: Employers begin spring semester interviews on campus.
- Friday, February 27, 2015: Deadline to accept iinternship offers for previous summer interns.
- Friday, March 6, 2015: Deadline to accept internship offers given during spring OCR.
- Friday, May 1, 2015: On-Campus Interviews and Employer Info Sessions end.
CCE is located on the lower level of East Campus, across from Faculty House. Come in to see us and feel free to call or email us with any questions! Contact Employer and Alumni Relations with any questions about LionSHARE or OCR at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 854-9167.
We wish you the very best of luck in the application and interview process!