On-Campus Interviews (OCI)
LionSHARE Login for Employers
About On-Campus Interviews
A very effective way to recruit Columbia University students is to take advantage of On-Campus Interviews. This allows employers to maximize their recruiting efforts by accommodating the busy academic schedules of students and hosting interviews in the Center for Career Education offices.
Requesting On-Campus Interviews
On-campus interview date requests must be submitted through LionSHARE by following these instructions. Interview Rooms are available Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm during the academic year. All interviews must conclude by 5:30 pm.
Confirmation of your interview schedule requests and additional details will be directly provided by a member of the Employer and Alumni Relations team. For general questions about on-campus interviews, please contact Employer and Alumni Relations.
Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cost $100 per room/day. Employers must notify the Employer and Alumni Relations of interview cancellations at least five business days prior to the date of their interviews for a full refund. Employers who cancel in less than five business days will be responsible for full payment of interviews but no additional cancellation fees.
Types of On-Campus Interviews
There are two types of on-campus interview schedule options: Preselect and Open.
We try to accommodate employer requests and tailor interview schedules to meet employer needs. This includes half-day interview schedules, 30-minute or 45-minute back-to-back interview schedules, informational interviews (on or off-campus), remote interviews, and more. Please indicate any specific requests in the "Additional Request Information" portion of the form in LionSHARE.
- Preselect: Typically, employers choose preselect schedules in which resumes are collected during specified times with respect to the interview date. After the resume submission period has closed, through an employer's LionSHARE account, they can directly select students as "Accepted" or "Alternate" to sign up for interviews on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you allow 3-4 weeks for the application selection and interview sign-up process. Please click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Open: This schedule allows students to sign-up for interview time slots in LionSHARE according to employer specified criteria on a first-come, first-served basis. Employers use this schedule type to conduct informational interviews, as part of the Recruiter in Residence Program, to hold open office hours on campus, or to hold off-campus "coffee chats."
All interviewers must check in at the Employer and Alumni Relations office at the Center for Career Education the day of their interviews. A staff member will show them to their assigned interview room. All interviewers should contact Employer and Alumni Relations if they are lost or running late.
Please click here to view a map and location to the Center for Career Education. CCE is located off of 116th street and Amsterdam and can be accessed as follows:
- NYC Public Transportation (NYC Subway & Bus): Five bus lines (M4, M11, M60, M104) and one subway line (1) serve the Columbia area. If you find yourself on the Broadway #2 express, be certain to change for the #1 at 96th Street. The Columbia stop is 116th Street. At 116th Street, you will walk through campus to Amsterdam Avenue.
- Car: Take 95/96th Street exit off the Henry Hudson Parkway (West Side Highway). Use the 95th Street off ramp and turn left onto Riverside Drive. Proceed north to 116th Street. Turn right at 116th Street and Follow Broadway. The campus gate will be in front of you.
- Parking Garages: Click here for a link listing local garages.
Employer participation in on-campus interviews with Columbia University's Center for Career Education indicates your agreement to abide by our policies and procedures as well as the NACE Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals.
Please contact the Employer & Alumni Relations team at (212)854-9167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.