Learn about an industry in 140 characters or less.
Wondering what it really means to be a sustainability consultant, work in media, or start your own business? Perhaps you’d like to learn more about the Spring Career Fair employers and opportunities like business analyst or marketing associate? Follow Columbia alums, other professionals, and student interns and send them questions as they tweet for day about their daily work/internship activities. All you need to do is follow the hashtag #CCECareerDay on Twitter! Not sure how to use Twitter? Check out CCE’s Twitter Guide or Mashable’s Twitter Guide Book for some helpful tips to get you started. Not able to participate on the day of the event? Send questions in advance to Katie Taflan (email@example.com) and revisit this page to view a story created from the day's tweets using Storify.
Did you miss these days of tweeting? Click on the Storify links below!
- Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO): Thursday, July 12th from 9p.m. - 6a.m. EST, follow Juan Estrada @JuanEstrada49, intern at Beijing Longtan Lake Sports Park Investment and Development in Beijing, China as he works throughout his internship workday. Read the day's tweets on Storify.
- Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO): Thursday, July 12th from 9p.m.-6a.m. EST, Luisa Lizoain @CEOLuisa, Climate Change/Social Media Intern at Climate Action in Beijing, China will be tweeting throughout her work day. See environmentally friendly photos and read the day's tweets on Storify.
- Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP) Experience: Monday, June 25 from 9a.m.-7p.m., follow #CCECareerDay as CCASSIP intern Arvin Ahmadi CC '14 (@aabattery14) tweets throughout his day interning at AOL Ventures, the venture capital arm of AOL.
- Startup Industry: Tuesday, March 20, follow David Whittemore CC '06 (@dwhittemore), Co-founder of Clothes Horse; Holly Hester-Reilly SEAS '08 (@Hollyberrymawa), Project Manager at Rip Road, Inc. and Co-founder of Toonarchy; Dmitri Wohns, Quality Assurance and Operations, and Sarah Thompson, Community Manager, from Kaptur (@KapturIt); and Megan Branch (@meganbe), Experience Producer at StyleCaster as they tweet about work life at a startup. Take advantage of this day to prepare for the Startup Career Fair on Friday, March 23! Read the day's tweets on Storify.
- Media Industry: Thursday, March 8, follow Jason Alarcón CC '10 (@jasonfilms), independent filmmaker; Tze Chun CC '06 (@tzechengchun), Founder of Tze Chun Dance and Uprise Art; Kat Malkova (@Kat_Malkova), Corporate Recruiter at Thrillist; and Elizabeth Sheldon (@elizkinolorber), Vice President of film distributor Kino Lorber as they tweet about what it's like to work in the media industry. Use this CCECareerDay to prepare for Media Networking Night on Wednesday, March 21. Read the day's tweets on Storify.
- Arts-Related Internship Experience: Sunday, Feb. 26, learn about what a typical day is like for a Columbia Arts Experience (CAE) intern! Follow #CCECareerDay as current CAE intern Martha Scott Burton CC '15 (@burtonpepper) tweets throughout her day interning at Dance/NYC, an arts service organization, on Feb. 26 from 10a.m.-8p.m. Read the day's tweets on Storify.
- Spring Career Fair Employer: Wednesday, Feb. 22, follow Maris Goodstein BC '06 (@MarisGoodstein) as she tweets a "a day in the life" of her work as Chief of Staff at City Year New York. Also, make sure to stop by the City Year table at the Spring Career Fair on Friday, Feb. 24. Read the day's tweets.